Saturday, December 26, 2015

Five Things




What 5 things could you do everyday to make yourself happy?  

This thought popped into my head today, and instead of jotting it down in my iphone with my long list of "things to blog about," I decided to just jot it down here really quickly.  
If there were 5 simple things that made you happy that you could easily think of off the top of your head, what would they be?  For me, during this time in my life, and I only say that because I am forever changing my thoughts, ideas, wants, needs, etc., they would go as follows...

1. Pandora.  No doubt music is a huge part of my life.  I absolutely love Pandora because I can pick a station that goes with my mood.  Some of my favorites are Florence and the Machine, Regina Spektor, The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, Kate Nash, City and Colour, Mumford and Sons, and so many more.  It's a given that dancing and singing goes along with Pandora, right?  Well, in my case, it does.  
2. Yoga/Running.  It's not a secret that any kind of physical activity releases endorphin's, but for me it's more than that.  It's also holding myself accountable for staying in shape and being the best possible me I can be.  It's been a while since I was in a competitive sport, so even though the chick with the dog laps me about 3 times while running around Woodward park, I still run faster than the people walking ;)  As for Yoga, its definitely a form of meditation and it's also incredibly addicting.  I always feel best about myself when I can see progress in my body. 
3. Our new house.  Seeing the progress on our house is so amazing!  It seems like every day there is something new being wrapped up.  This makes me happy for so many reasons.  You have no idea how ready I am to be in that house! 
4. Being social.  Because most of the work that I do tends to be working from home, I easily get in the mode of isolation.  Really.  There could be like 2 days in a row that I never even leave the house.  So, getting out of the house, talking to people, meeting up with co-workers or friends, or just receiving or giving a friendly 'hello' to people that pass by makes a huge difference in my day.  
5. Cleanliness.  Whether it's my space at home that I work from or a classroom that I sub teach in, cleanliness can be key.  It's really hard for me to get things done when everything around me seems to be messy or disorganized.  I totally appreciate a teacher that has a clean classroom, desk, and precise lesson plan.  Just to be clear, I don't mean cleaning makes me happy.  It definitely doesn't.  I didn't want to give the wrong impression here ;)

So what makes you happy?  I really want to know!  I could use a few things to add to my list...


No comments:

Post a Comment