Saturday, December 26, 2015

Coming Back





I've been "blogging" (not religiously) since January of 2010.  My first post was my "bucket list."  Things I wanted to accomplish, see, try or do again, but better.  I continued "blogging" over the next few years, but mostly just reading blogs from others.  I loved looking into the lives of so many other ladies that were going to school, starting marriages, having babies, blogging about fashion, or sharing their difficult times with the world.  I found some sort of peace in, well, really all of it.  The good and the bad.  However, it was mostly the creativity that pulled me into spending hours of my day reading and searching for new blogs.  Their stories, the things they did or made.  How they always seemed to be happy and traveling somewhere awesome.  I know most of you know me, but here I was, this small town girl dreaming of much greater things.  Anything greater than where I was and what I was doing.  
Looking back to 2010, I was also trying to find myself.  I had spent the last 11 years of my life going through hard times with a relationship that seemed to be falling apart every time I turned around, I was at a job I wasn't happy with, in a town I wanted to run from, and this feeling inside me that made me feel out of place.  I wanted to be by the beach.  I wanted to listen to good, but depressing music while I read books about life struggles, sipped coffee, wore hippy clothes, played musical instruments, and anything else that I felt set me apart from the rest of the world.  
I guess this is why I started writing.  I was looking for an outlet.  Somewhere to put my thoughts and ideas.  Most of the time I was hiding what I really felt, but would post tidbits about what I may have been going through.  Not to say that my blog was depressing, it had its good times also.  
I haven't written in so long because I feel like the inspiration that I once had is now gone.  Life has changed directions. I have graduated from college, gotten married, and am building a house, none other than, the one place I didn't want to end up.  However, I couldn't be more happy and feel more secure.  On the flip side, these days I feel less different and set apart and more, "normal."  More like the everyday person that I was trying to be so different from.  
I guess that is why I haven't written.  I feel like I have nothing to share.  No more than the next person, I guess.  However, here I am.  Back to tell my "normal" life story.  More for me than for readers.  More to document all that is going on in my life to one day be able to read back on. 

So here we go.  I'm coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment