Thursday, February 2, 2012

Out Sick.



















Unfortunately, I have been pretty sick the last few days.  Pretty awful timing, if you ask me.  It's only my second week of school and I have already missed 3 classes.

It started Monday with a horrible cough and then Tuesday and Wednesday I had a temp of 102.  Yikes, I know!  I barely slept, which meant, Reynolds wasn't getting must sleep either.  Finally, Wednesday afternoon I got my temp to break to 99, Reynolds left work early and we decided to take an impromptu trip to Carmel.  We haven't been able to spend much time together, just him and I, and, sick or not, we really needed to get away!

The weather was nice and the dogs really enjoyed the beach.  I didn't have much energy and only had a couple bites of my dinner, but all in all it was a really nice and much needed trip!

On the downside, we were about 10 minutes away from our driveway and Reynolds' truck broke down.  So here we are sitting on the side of the freeway, in the pitch dark, with two antsy dogs in the back trying to figure out what to do.  Good thing he is a quick thinker and I, more than anything, appreciate his ability to stay calm and laugh things off.  

Within minutes his dad was there to take me and the dogs home while John waited for the tow truck.  It's pretty scary being on the side of the freeway at night with the loud cries of coyotes, and semi trucks flying by.  Especially when it came to transferring over my puppies from one truck to another.   

So, for the rest of the week and weekend I will be catching up on things around the house, papers, and reading.  Also, I'm missing my family, a lot, so they are also on the top of my list!

It looks like I need to start changing my diet and figuring out ways to stay healthy because, while working with kids, I have been getting sick more and more often.  

Any good tips out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment