Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 Things about my week

1. Really unfair things happen to people.  I don't know why, but they do, and it's hard to watch.  Also, hold your family and friends close because life changes in a split second. 

2. Sometimes, when I'm too happy or life is going oddly well, I feel guilty.  Then, I most likely get sad. 

3.  Realizing that my dog wont be around much longer will cause me to stand in the closet alone and cry... on Valentine's Day... and then cry and cry and cry about everything else that makes me sad.  I told you I get sad when things in life are going so well!  Yikes.

4. Sitting in the quad at school, when all the sorority and fraternities are meeting and talking, makes me glad I never joined one.  

5. Yogurt and granola is possibly my favorite food in the world.  Also, I make damn good smoothies.  Boom!  My two favorite things. 

6. I, absolutely, do not like automatic flushing toilets.  "Hello?  I'm not done!  How dare you flush,"  So gross! 

7. As much as I LOVE my Kindle... I am such a fan of books and always will be.

8. I want to write.  Write about people, write about events, write about life, write about everything.  And, I don't appreciate when my teacher calls my writing, "passive."  What in the world does that mean!?  And why am I not going to school for creative writing?  Why on earth do we have so many options and why can't I just choose one and be happy?  

9. I have this thing about me that I really don't like but I'm working hard to change.  Noooooo, I'm not going to tell you what it is!  But, I'm learning to be independent without shutting people out.  I'm learning to love without expecting anything in return.  I'm learning to accept people the way they are and not try to change them.  It's hard work but my life is definitely benefiting from it.  Although, I still need to work hard on that darn "thing!" 

10. I'm happiest when I'm busy.  Isn't that ironic?


A little update:  I pretty much failed at starting running this week.  I should have known.  But, I recently nailed a permanent position at my place of work and I'm super excited to be in a new classroom starting next week!  Also, I may have a foot in the door at UOP where I hope to get my masters!  

I started a new book (because God knows I don't have enough reading already), and I can't wait to share it with you!  And, I've been thinking a lot about the fact that I really feel the need to connect with other girls and, I know there are church groups and such, but is there anything else out there for young women to get together and chat?  Would anyone be interested in this type of thing?  

Anyway, I guess that's it for now.  It's been a crazy and scary week and, although I would love to say that it is almost over, my weeks don't really tend to end when you work straight through them.  

Happy Almost Friday, Friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment